The PS5’s immersive gaming prowess combined with the convenience of laptop screens creates an exciting opportunity for gaming enthusiasts. Here’s how to bridge the gap between your PS5 and laptop display using an HDMI connection.
Preparing for the Connection
Before embarking on this gaming endeavor, ensure you have the following:
- PS5 console
- Laptop with HDMI port
- HDMI cable
- DualShock 5 controller
Establishing the HDMI Connection
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the PS5’s HDMI OUT port and the other end to your laptop’s HDMI IN port.
- Power on your PS5 and laptop.
Configuring Display Settings
- On your laptop, right-click on the desktop and select “Display Settings.”
- Under the “Multiple displays” section, choose “Extend these displays.”
- Your laptop should now act as a second screen for your PS5.
Enabling Sound for the Setup
- Right-click on the volume icon in your laptop’s taskbar.
- Select “Open Sound settings.”
- Under the “Output” section, choose the HDMI device as the output.
Navigating Controller Connection
- Turn on your DualShock 5 controller and put it in pairing mode.
- On your laptop, go to the Bluetooth settings and pair the controller.
Expanding Gaming Horizons
With your PS5 now connected to your laptop, you can enjoy gaming on a larger screen. Utilize this setup to explore PS5’s vast gaming library, streaming services, and even indulge in multiplayer gaming with friends online.